Welcome to the first post for Musical Monday. As a debut post, I’m sharing a printable from the series, Growing with Music. This printable introduces the 7 musical notes in a fun manner, via story telling. There are no limits to the number of stories nor the types of stories.
This printable is an activity that encourages hands-on, some form of pretend play and story telling. It is created solely based on Sweet Butterfly’s learning style. That is, via story telling.
Here is how the story goes
- An octave is made up of 2 houses. One big house and one small house.
- The white keys are rooms painted with different colours.
- Different animals stay in the rooms.
Here are all the 7 animals. The colours of the letters match the colours of the rooms.
I gave her some prompting like
- Oh, the Cat went to hide in the blue room. Who’s room is he hiding in?
- The Elephant stomped into the red room and chased the butterfly away.
- Woof Woof, little doggy wants to squeeze with Alligator. Which room is that? Who is in the room?
Sweet Butterfly build stories as we went along. Slowly but surely, I managed to introduce the keyboard and the 7 notes to her.
Let your creativity fly. Most importantly, let your child’s creativity fly. Download this printable by clicking on the image below.